About the Position
IESR, an Indonesia NGO, is preparing an initiative to support the sustainable development of the Indonesian energy system, in order to help meet the emission reduction pledge in the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC). The initiative will focus on the power system in Indonesia, and the feasibility of integrating larger shares of renewables. The Project Coordinator will work together with the Executive Director of IESR develop this initiative, and implement strategies and activities, including working closely with partners and key stakeholders in Indonesia and internationally. IESR is seeking a highly qualified candidate to assist the further development and implementation of this initiative.
The key roles and responsibilities
- Together with the ED develop the growth strategy of the project, and assist in building up a team of power sector experts;
- Work closely with ED to implement project’s activities under agreed work-plan;
- Lead and coordinate the work of the project’s team and manage day to day operation;
- Identify strategies to work with project’s partners and engage with key stakeholders;
- Identify strategies to communicate of project outputs and outcomes to partners and various stakeholders.
Qualification and Selection Criteria
- Has good understanding on energy sector in Indonesia
- A minimum of 5-7 years professional experience in the energy sector, preferably in management position; including experience in conducting advocacy or campaign
- Proven management skill
- Sound analytical skill, in particular on energy/power sector policy issues
- Having experience in reach out and work with high-level stakeholders from government, business, and NGOs
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically in advancing the project
- Excellent written communication skill, and fluency in English
- Advanced university graduate (minimum Master degree)
- Indonesia nationality
- Ability join IESR before the end of 4th week of August is an advantage.
Salary and benefits is competitive and will be commensurate with candidate’s qualification and experiences.
How to apply