Position: Communication Specialist
Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR), an Indonesia NGO, is preparing an initiative to make transform Indonesia power sector to be more sustainable, so it could contribute to the emission reduction pledge in the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC). The initiative will focus on transforming power system in Indonesia to integrate larger shares of variable renewables power plants. We work with the large spectrum of policy makers, utility, business, academes, and NGOs.
Communication plays important role in delivery messages and ideas coming from our own studies, research findings, and other sources to targeted stakeholders and public in general regarding energy transition in Indonesia’s context.
About the Position
Communication specialist is newly created role in IESR for driving improved communication strategy and outcomes. The person is responsible for developing strategic communications both conventional and digital, and media initiatives, managing media/press coverage, managing social media, and oversees the production of a range of communications materials. Communication specialist will work closely with project team and advise Executive Director in media strategy.
IESR is seeking a young, highly motivated and qualified candidate to join the cause to transform energy sector in Indonesia.
The key roles and responsibilities
- Develop, implement and evaluate communication strategies for external communication/ stakeholder engagement;
- Develop, manage and elaborate social media strategies and activities across communication channels, including websites;
- Plan and conduct advocacy and awareness raising campaigns;
- Build communication partnerships and media alliances;
- Provide advices to Program Managers and Executive Director on media strategy, messages for external communication;
- Co-create and oversee media and public-oriented communication products (press release, media advisories, social media content, photo, video, infographics, fact sheet, etc.) to target audiences in accordance with latest communication techniques, including data visualization, and new media trends;
- Monitor issues in the media-spaces and evaluate the result of communication’s product and strategy.
- Translate and adapt input materials (study, research and findings, etc.) for communication material;
- Support the organization and act as facilitator or moderator of public events, workshop, media gathering, including development of related communication material for those events.
- Has a strong communication background with previous experience in communication and stakeholder’s engagement within an organization (public/private/NGOs);
- Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding on public engagement, communication strategy, tools, and communication techniques both conventional and digital;
- Demonstrate ability to craft relevant message for different audiences;
- Proven skills in managing and operating social media, including website;
- Insightful and ability to think innovatively and strategically in advancing communication of project’s ideas and outputs;
- Take charge of self-development and take initiative;
- Demonstrate ability to work in team and maintain effective working relation with co-workers;
- Indonesian nationality.
Required skill and experience
- A minimum of 3 years professional experiences;
- Excellent written skill, and proficiency in Indonesia and English;
- Good IT skills, possess skill on graphic design software or tool is an advantage;
- University graduate, advance degree in communication, public relations, or any related fields is an advantage;
- Familiar with energy issues is an advantage.
30 to 36 months and can be extended.
Salary and benefits is competitive and will be commensurate with candidate’s qualification and experiences.
How to apply