Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR), a think tank in energy and environment, is working on an initiative to transform Indonesia energy sector to be more sustainable and low carbon. The initiative will focus on transforming power system in Indonesia to integrate larger shares of renewables. IESR works with a large spectrum of stakeholders, including but limited to policy makers, utility, business, academes, and NGOs, in Indonesia and internationally,
Communicate proactively and maintaining relationship with various stakeholders, i.e. policy makers, business, academes, NGOs, international institutions and donor are substantial to keep them informed and engaged in our program and activities.
IESR is seeking a young, highly motivated and qualified candidate to join the cause to accelerate low carbon energy transition in Indonesia.
About the Position
External Affairs and Event Coordinator is a position in IESR to play role for strengthen our external relation and engagement with stakeholders, our partners, and donors. The person is responsible for developing and lead engagement strategy, managing the institution relation with stakeholders, partners, and donor, and coordinate events held by IESR. The person works closely with communication team to strengthen relation with media.
The key roles and responsibilities
- Develop, implement and evaluate stakeholder engagement strategy;
- Build relation with policy makers, business, NGOs and other stakeholders;
- Identify and develop policy contacts to raise awareness of our works and priorities area;
- Identify opportunities for proactive works and to find platform for our spokespeople;
- Cultivate and maintain relation with donor and partners;
- Maintain regular communication with donor and partners;
- Coordinate internally for public or stakeholder engagement;
- Implementing communication strategy plan;
- Develop media relation program to improve and strengthen IESR’s branding and image;
- Coordinate and arrange conferences, meeting, and other events organized by IESR or our partners;
- Support the organization and act as facilitator or moderator of public events, workshop, and media gathering.
- Has a strong communication, public relation, or marketing background with previous experience in stakeholder’s engagement within an organization (public/private/NGOs);
- Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding on public engagement and communication strategy;
- Demonstrate ability to craft relevant message for different audiences;
- Insightful and ability to think innovatively and strategically in advancing our relationship with strategic stakeholders and partners;
- Excellent organization, planning, and follow up skills;
- Strong analytics, strategic thinking and planning skills;
- Take charge of self-development and take initiative;
- Demonstrate ability to work in team and maintain effective working relation with co-workers;
- Indonesian nationality.
Required skill and experience
- A minimum of 4 years professional experiences;
- Excellent written skill, and proficiency in English and Indonesia;
- University graduate, advance degree in communication, public relations, or any related fields is an advantage;
- Excellent computer skill;
- Familiar with energy issues is an advantage.
36 months and can be extended. Expected start in January 2019.
This position is mid-level in IESR’s structure. The salary range is IDR 8 to 12 million plus benefits and will be commensurate with candidate’s qualification and experiences.
How to apply
- Candidate to download application form from IESR website;
- Send the completed application form, together with an application letter and latest CV to email@example.com before January 2nd, 2019;
- Only qualified candidate will be called for test and interview.
Download Application Form