Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR) is an Indonesia NGO working on energy and climate change issues based in Jakarta. One of our work themes is Access to Energy, covering various advocacy and field work activities to promote universal, more reliable, and sustainable energy access in Indonesia. We work with the large spectrum of policy makers, both at national and local levels, NGOs, academes, and local communities.
One of our focus for the next three years is promoting sustainable energy access. Within this theme, we work to energize discussions on sustainable energy with diverse stakeholders, run campaigns for broader disseminations on energy issues, as well as implementing clean energy solutions for community. We are looking for young, vibrant, experienced person to work together for this cause.
About the Position
Project Officer – Sustainable Energy Access will be responsible for coordinating tasks under Sustainable Energy Access Program. S/he will contribute in developing detailed plan for tasks implementation, manage day-to-day implementation of projects under the program, and to communicate regularly with wide-range of stakeholders. S/he will work closely with IESR’s Program Managers, Research Team, Executive Director, and local partners in Indonesia.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Daily project management: the PO will carry out daily tasks of projects implementation, including organizing stakeholder workshops, writing reports, collecting data, and performing periodical travel to project site & organizing community activities.
- Daily communication and learning tasks: the PO will ensure regular communication with governments at different levels, universities, business and commercials, local project partners, and local community, CSOs, and other IESR’s partners. S/he will also assist Program Manager – Sustainable Energy Access to develop a strategy for gathering learnings from the program.
- Contribution to other work theme when necessary.
- An Indonesia native, educated to bachelor’s degree level with minimum 2 years’ work experience in a relevant field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience of working on energy, and energy access issues (policy, research, project development etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in project management including planning and organization of stakeholder workshops, meeting, etc.
- Experience of communicating and networking with external stakeholders, including government, research institutes, and CSOs.
- Experience of working in community development and with communities at grass-root level is an advantage.
- Demonstrable understanding of child safeguarding/child protection policy. Experience of working with children and marginal groups is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrable ability to work as part of a team, including with external partners, and distance working.
- Professional English fluency, both in writing and speaking, is required.
- Excellent with MS Office/MS Office-like system.
- Available to work started in early January 2019.
12 months and can be extended.
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be commensurate with candidate’s qualification and experiences.
How to apply
- Candidate to download application form from IESR website;
- Send the completed application form, together with an application letter and latest CV to email@example.com January 5th, 2019;
- Only qualified candidate will be called for interview.
Download Application Form