Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR), a think tank in energy and environment, is working on an initiative to transform Indonesia energy sector to be more sustainable and low carbon. The initiative will focus on transforming power system in Indonesia to integrate larger shares of renewables. IESR works with a large spectrum of stakeholders, including but limited to policy makers, utility, business, academes, and NGOs, in Indonesia and internationally,
Communication plays important role in delivery messages and ideas coming from our own studies, research findings, and other sources to targeted stakeholders and public in general regarding energy transition in Indonesia’s context.
About the Position
Communication Coordinator is a position in IESR to play role for driving improved communication strategy and outcomes. The person is responsible for developing strategic communications both conventional and digital, and media initiatives, managing media/press coverage, managing social media, and oversees the production of a range of communications materials of all IESR’s program areas. Communication coordinator will work closely with project team and advise Executive Director in media strategy.
IESR is seeking a young, highly motivated and qualified candidate to join the cause to accelerate low carbon energy transition in Indonesia.
The key roles and responsibilities
- Develop, implement and evaluate communication strategies for external communication/ stakeholder engagement;
- Develop, manage and elaborate social media strategies and activities across communication channels, including websites;
- Coordinate media campaign;
- Plan and conduct advocacy and awareness raising campaigns;
- Build communication partnerships and media alliances;
- Provide advices to Program Managers and Executive Director on media strategy, messages for external communication;
- Co-create and oversee media and public-oriented communication products (press release, media advisories, social media content, photo, video, infographics, fact sheet, etc.) to target audiences in accordance with latest communication techniques, including data visualization, and new media trends;
- Monitor issues in the media-spaces and evaluate the result of communication’s product and strategy.
- Translate and adapt input materials (study, research and findings, etc.) for communication material;
- Support the organization and act as facilitator or moderator of public events, workshop, media gathering, including development of related communication material for those events.
- Has a strong communication background with previous experience in communication and stakeholder’s engagement within an organization (public/private/NGOs);
- Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding on public engagement, communication strategy, tools, and communication techniques both conventional and digital;
- Demonstrate ability to craft relevant message for different audiences;
- Proven skills in managing and operating social media, including website;
- Insightful and ability to think innovatively and strategically in advancing communication of project’s ideas and outputs;
- Take charge of self-development and take initiative;
- Demonstrate ability to work in team and maintain effective working relation with co-workers;
- Indonesian nationality.
Required skill and experience
- A minimum of 4 years professional experiences;
- Excellent written skill, and proficiency in Indonesia and English;
- Good IT skills, possess skill on graphic design software or tool is an advantage;
- University graduate, advance degree in communication, public relations, or any related fields is an advantage;
- Familiar with energy issues is an advantage.
36 months and can be extended. Expected start in January 2019.
This position is mid-level in IESR’s structure. The salary range is IDR 8 to 12 million plus benefits and will be commensurate with candidate’s qualification and experiences..
How to apply
- Candidate to download application form from IESR website;
- Send the completed application form, together with an application letter and latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 25nd, 2019;
- Only qualified candidate will be called for test and interview.
Download Application Form