Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR) is an Indonesia think tank on energy and environment,
based in Jakarta. IESR aims to accelerate low carbon energy transition in Indonesia and address its
impacts to Indonesia economy and society. IESR produces data and science based analysis for policy
makers, stakeholders and public.
IESR is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to analysis of extractive industries in Indonesia,
particularly coal sector. The selected person will be responsible to conduct research and analysis,
writing up report, engage with stakeholders, and should be able to communicate effectively in all level
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Collect and develop data-base of extractive industries sector in Indonesia to conduct policy and regulatory analysis of mining and mineral sector, focusing on coal and critical minerals
- Conduct techno-economic and social analysis of coal transition, related to energy transition in
- Analyse commodities market trends
- Monitor extractive industries issues (market, social, political, etc) in Indonesia
- Writing research report, briefing paper, and contribute to produce campaign/communication
- Work closely with program managers to identify research priorities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong background on engineering, science, economic and finance, minimum Master degree in
economics, finance, environmental engineering, from reputable university preferable.
- Good understanding of mining and mineral value chain, an understanding of energy, climate change
is an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the similar field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform detailed technical analysis and synthesize results
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively to non-technical audiences
- Sound understanding of data collection and practical in data-base management.
- Attention to detail and exception written and communication skill.
- Professional English level both written and oral.
- Excellent with MS Office system or similar software
- Good interpersonal and social skill
Two years contract and can be extended, with 3 months’ probation. Expected starting in April 2021.
Subject email: EIA