Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR) is an Indonesia think tank on energy and environment, based in Jakarta. IESR aims to accelerate the low carbon energy transition in Indonesia and address its impacts on Indonesia’s economy and society. IESR produces data and science-based analysis for policymakers, stakeholders and the public.
IESR is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to perform an analysis of transport and sustainable mobility in Indonesia. The selected person will be responsible to collect data, conduct research and analysis of electric vehicles, writing up reports, engage with stakeholders, and should be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Collect and develop database of the transport sector and electric mobility
- Conduct policy and regulatory analysis of sustainable mobility
- Conduct techno-economic and social analysis of sustainable mobility
- Track and analyze policy and regulation in the transport sector
- Monitor electric vehicles technologies and its industries
- Design stakeholder and market survey for electric vehicles
- Writing research report, briefing paper, and contribute to produce campaign/communication
- Work closely with program managers to identify research priorities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong background in engineering, science, and/or economics
- Minimum Master’s degree from a reputable university preferable.
- Good understanding of transport sector, vehicles, and fuel technologies; an understanding of energy, climate change issues are an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar field.
- Familiar with MATLAB and other modeling related to transport and EVs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform detailed technical analysis and synthesize results
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively to non-technical audiences
- Sound understanding of data collection and practical in database management.
- Attention to detail and exception written and communication skills.
- Professional English level both written and oral.
- Excellent with MS Office system or similar software
- Good interpersonal and social skill
Two years contract and can be extended, with 3 months’ probation. Expected starting in April 2021.
Subject email: TMAF