Central Java Renewable Energy Investment Forum 2023: A Side-Event of Central Java Investment Business Forum 2023
One of the obstacles to the development of renewable energy is the relatively low investment. The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources estimates that Indonesia will need an investment of up to 36.95 billion dollars to achieve the renewable energy mix target of 23% in 2025. By 2022, only 34% of the renewable energy investment target of 3.97 billion dollars has been realized (Q3).
Regional participation in increasing investment in the renewable energy sector is one of the key factors, in addition to regulation and support from the center. Licensing and the economic level of renewable energy projects are alleged to be two important factors that affect the level of project attractiveness. Renewable energy investment not only contributes to the renewable energy mix but also opens up new job opportunities and the growth of industrial-supporting ecosystems.
In order to increase the promotion of renewable energy potential in Central Java, as well as strengthen the role and commitment of various stakeholders in the development of renewable energy, IESR together with the Provincial Government of Central Java are holding the Central Java Sustainable Investment Forum. This forum is expected to increase the involvement of many parties in ensuring development and encouraging the investment climate in Central Java. This activity is a side-event of the Central Java Investment Business Forum 2023, an investment promotion platform for Central Java Province in collaboration with Bank Indonesia and Bank Jateng.
- Provide general information regarding the potential for renewable energy investment in Central Java.
- Mapping the role that local government and other stakeholders can take in order to encourage investment in renewable energy in Central Java.
- Increasing commitment to developing and investing in renewable energy in Central Java.
- Day, Date : Tuesday, 4 July 2023
- Place : Hybrid, alluring at Gumaya Tower Hotel Semarang and challenging via Zoom Meeting + IESR Youtube livestream
ATW Group Director
Central Java Vice-Governor
DPMPTSP Central Java
Fabby Tumiwa - Direktur Eksekutif IESR
Indonesian Central Bank Central Java Branch
Lead Consorsium Regional Competitiveness Sustainability Index Regional Competitiveness