Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR) is an Indonesia think tank on energy and environment, based in Jakarta. IESR aims to accelerate low carbon energy transition in Indonesia and address its impacts to Indonesia economy and society. IESR produces data and science based analysis for policy makers, stakeholders and public.
IESR is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to perform analysis of power sector in Indonesia, related to renewable energy integration. The selected person will be responsible to collect data, perform technical research and analysis, writing up report, engage with stakeholders, and should be able to communicate effectively in all level.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Collect data on power system and generation
- Conduct power systems research analysis in regard to renewable energy integration
- Conduct research and analysis of smart grid and distributed energy resources.
- Conduct analysis of power system plan by utilities and government
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Minimum Master degree in electrical engineering from reputable university.
- An understanding of energy policy is an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years research experience in the similar field.
- Experience with power system analytical tools and modelling, load flow analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of modern electrical power systems, power generation technologies, variable renewable energy technologies, and smart grid.
- Able to develop codes in python to run simulations with forecasting and optimization.
- Attention to detail and exception written and communication skill.
- Professional English level both written and oral.
- Excellent with MS Office system or similar software.
- Good interpersonal and social skill.
Two years contract and can be extended, with 3 months’ probation. Expected starting in April 2021.
Subject email: PSAF