We encourage a culture of participatory work in realizing energy transition in Indonesia. Follow the latest job information on IESR.
Request for Proposal – Market Survey on Rooftop Solar Adoption in Central Java and Bali
Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR), a think tank based in Jakarta, Indonesia, has been working intensively to promote the acceleration of low carbon energy transition in Indonesia, through evidence-based policy advocacy. For the past 4 years, IESR also has been contributing significantly to mainstream solar energy issues in Indonesia, working with national and local governments, associations, and civil society organizations.
IESR is now working with several local governments in Indonesia to implement their Regional Energy Planning (Rencana Umum Energi Daerah/RUED). One of the workstreams would be providing data and analysis on the current state of rooftop solar interest and adaptation from multiple sectors: homeowners, commercial/business, and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). To serve this purpose, IESR will conduct market surveys for several regions in Indonesia, focusing on Central Java and Bali, Indonesia. With this RFP, IESR is soliciting proposals from market research firms or institutions with extensive experience and portfolio, capable of conducting primary research to meet the project’s goal through quantitative research.
See attached document for details.
RFP submission deadline: 31 March 2020, 10 p.m. Indonesian Western Standard Time (WIB, GMT +0700)
Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR) is a think tank on energy and environmental issues. It is a unique think tank because it combines in-depth studies and analyses of policies, regulations, and techno-economic aspects in the energy and environment sector with a strong public interest and advocacy activities to influence policy change at national, sub-national, and global level.
We produce fact and science-based analyses, studies, provide technical assistance and capacity building for policymakers, businesses, civil societies, and other stakeholders in need. We work in partnership with other state and non-state actors on specific projects and campaigns.
Currently, we are running a Green Economy Program to transform Indonesia’s economy direction towards the economy that emits fewer greenhouse gases while maintaining economic growth and development. In addition to that, this program has three thematics in this program: fossil fuel transition, energy efficiency, and climate change mitigation.
About the position
In IESR, we believe in evidence-based advocacy. Hence, we are producing evidence-based research as our basis to create policy recommendations. Having the policy recommendations and the active stakeholder engagement, including but not limited to government, companies, associations, we are advocating such policies.
This position is a full-time position for three to six months to support project activities in Green Economy Program and other programs as deemed necessary. We expect candidates familiar with the energy, economy and environmental issues. Having an understanding of climate change issues will be an advantage. As a project assistant, s/he will assist the researches, build a network with stakeholders, prepare logistics for the workshops/events under the Green Economy program and other programs as deemed necessary. The candidate reports to the Green Economy Program Manager.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Assist in conducting research by collecting data and information, compile and analyze the collected data into graphs and charts as well as pointers or narratives.
- Interview stakeholders, transcribe and summarize the interview.
- Plan for events, prepare logistics for events and ensure the events running smoothly
- Support other works by the team
Qualifications and Requirements
- Indonesian nationality, preferably based in Jakarta
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required (economics, environment, politics, international relation, communication, science, law)
- Fresh graduate, having 2 years’relevant work experience is an advantage
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of the economy, social and environment issues in Indonesia
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), computer literate
- Good in data analysis is an advantage
- Proficiency in English is an advantage
- Take charge of self-development and take the initiative with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrate ability to work both independently and in a team
- Highly motivated with a professional work ethic and pay attention to detail
- Willing to start immediately (First week of March)
Fix term: 3 to 6 months
Remuneration is based on the market rate, can be adjusted based on the candidate’s qualifications and experiences.
How to apply
- We are no longer accept an application for this position.
- If you have submitted your application our HR will follow up to the provided contact information. only qualified candidates will be called for an interview.